Join Our Team
Winners of the CIBSE Awards 2022 and 2023: Building Performance Consultancy of the Year
One of the most successful emerging environmental and building services consultancies is seeking to appoint an Associate Director to lead our efforts in Singapore. With offices in Singapore and London, XCO2 has worked on over 1,500 projects around the world to achieve carbon reductions and high energy performance in operation.
As the name says, XCO2 is about crossing out CO2 from the built environment. This is our guiding principle. We also pride ourselves in collaboration, innovation and understanding clients’ needs to achieve their environmental ambitions.
Our team works on a range of core disciplines across residential, hospitality, commercial and public sectors carrying out energy and sustainability strategies, MEP design, sustainability certification, energy and advanced environmental modelling, whole life and embodied carbon, circular economy assessments, daylight consultancy, wind modelling, energy audits and building performance evaluations.
The company is young and dynamic, with a relaxed, friendly and diverse work environment. Our staff get engaged in regular social activities and build lasting relationships. More information here: https://xco2.com/about/culture
At XCO2, we are committed to valuing diversity and we seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development. We believe that people from different backgrounds help bring fresh ideas and unique approaches, which then makes us a more innovative and open-minded company.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – SUSTAINABILITY
You will be leading a team of Sustainability and Energy Consultants with a passion for low carbon design and renewable energy systems. On our projects, we are typically working as part of a design team for new and existing buildings ranging in scale from small developments up to large masterplan projects. We also provide consultancy advice to clients on decarbonisation strategies for their businesses.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business in Singapore reporting to the Directors. The team currently consists of 6 consultants with a strong growth strategy. The team will work closely with our London office which has over 50 staff to share resources.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
At XCO2 we value building teams with a diverse set of skills to promote knowledge sharing throughout the business. We will be looking for a rich mix of some of the following skills and experience:
• 7-10+ Years of experience working with a Sustainability or MEP Consultancy focused on Sustainability and Energy Consultancy in the Built Environment
• Team Management
• Reporting to Directors on team performance in respect of KPIs, Sales and Profit
• Demonstration that you have been successful in finding and/or maintaining a good client pool
• An interest and appetite for business development. This will include supporting others in driving new business as well as maintaining existing client and collaborator relationships.
• Leading projects from concept to completion with high aspirations and targets for sustainability and low carbon design
• Developing innovative strategies for the reduction and management of Energy, Water and Waste
• Knowledge of or experience of different Sustainability Assessments and Certification methods for example:
• Knowledge or experience with Environmental Simulation Software such as Virtual Environment IES and/or building of bespoke tools
• Experience with or otherwise good understanding of:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – SINGAPORE
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Business Development Manager to join our team in Singapore. As the Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving growth and expanding our presence in the APAC market. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals, contribute to cutting-edge projects, and make a meaningful impact on the sustainable development landscape.
• Identify and cultivate new business opportunities in the APAC market, with a focus on Energy, Sustainability, MEP and Carbon consulting services.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including potential clients, industry partners, and our collaborators.
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve revenue targets and business objectives.
• Collaborate closely with our technical teams to understand and communicate our service offerings effectively to potential clients.
• Conduct market research and stay updated on industry trends to identify emerging opportunities.
• Prepare and deliver compelling presentations and proposals to prospective clients.
• Negotiate and finalize contracts in collaboration with the leadership team.
• Provide regular reports on sales performance and market insights.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field (MBA is a plus).
• Proven track record of success in business development.
• Strong understanding of the APAC market and relevant industry trends.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Results-driven mindset with a passion for sustainability and environmental responsibility.
• High energy and enthusiasm with a strong appetite for meeting people and developing fruitful relationships.
• 9-day Fortnights – currently employees get every other Friday off, without impacting the number of hours worked on other days, holidays or salary.
• Flexible working – We operate flexible working hours, so long as this is 8 hours per day between the hours of 8am and 7pm with core hours between 10am and 5pm each weekday.
• Holiday entitlement – Employees are entitled to a total of 25 days’ annual leave. 4 of these days are to be taken between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, as the office is shut during this period. For part time workers this entitlement will be pro-rated to the number of days worked.
• Pension scheme – The company will provide pension contributions up to a maximum of 3% of your fixed annual salary. That is, if you choose to contribute 5% of your annual salary, the company will contribute another 3%.
• Private health insurance with discount on gym membership available to employees with 24 months service
• Income Protection Insurance available to employees with 24 months service
• Referral bonus for recruitments
• Volunteer Day, 1 per year
• Professional membership, 1 subscription per employee per year
• Advanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave package available to employees with 24 months service
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com