We have exciting opportunities for Environmental Consultants to join our growing team of engineers and sustainability consultants. Do you have a passion for low carbon design and renewable systems? Read more about the role below.
• Project management
• Sustainability certification – BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes and LEED pre-assessments and full assessments
• Low and zero-carbon technologies feasibility studies
• Energy and sustainability statements for planning
• SAP, SBEM, Part L assessments, involving thermal simulations
• Daylight and Sunlight assessments and Rights to Light
• Wind Modelling
• Supporting Junior team members with day-to-day work activities
• Writing concise technical and planning reports that identify key findings and make clear recommendations to clients backed up with the associated energy, CO2 and cost savings
• QA review of own work and Junior Consultant’s work and calculations
• Maintaining communication with line manager and directors, keeping them informed of progress and seeking assistance to address project delivery and client issues
• Active participation in design team and client meetings
• Managing own time: estimating resource required to complete tasks assigned, ensuring delivery to project deadlines with a thorough understanding of clients’ expectations.
• Communication – Excellent written and oral communication skills and capable of presenting ideas clearly
• Drive – Highly motivated, pro-active, enthusiastic and ambitious
• Client awareness – understanding of client’s/architect’s priorities and ultimate goals; contributor to client satisfaction
• Commercial awareness on project fees, cost/resources to deliver work and potential for related future opportunities
• Industry knowledge – Demonstrate knowledge of the relevant Industry Standards, British Standards, Building Regulations and UK planning process.
• Technical knowledge – Understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD and MBS, Stroma (SAP), IES Virtual Environment Software (SBEM, CIBSE Loads and dynamic simulation), InDesign and Illustrator (optional)
• Design Team Experience – Experience with dealing with architects and clients, and attending design team meetings
• Project management – Ability to manage own work and deliverables independently, seeking support from Senior Consultants, Technical Experts and Team Leaders where necessary.
• 1-3 years’ industry experience
• Good knowledge of UK Energy, Sustainability and Environmental Consultancy work, including:
· Energy and Sustainability Strategy
· Environmental design of buildings
· Daylight and Sunlight
· Whole Life Carbon and Circular Economy
Diversity and Equality:
At XCO2, we are committed to valuing diversity and we seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development. We are very proud of our diverse and dynamic team, with 50% of our London office made up of female staff compared to an industry average of 12% (Engineering UK, 2018).
For consideration, please forward your CV and portfolio, along with a cover letter to email@example.com, quoting Environmental Consultant in the subject line.