XCO2 is seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join its growing team of specialist low-carbon consultants and engineers in its London office.
We are a multidisciplinary practice with backgrounds in engineering, architecture and environmental science. We work as consultants for buildings, large developments and masterplans and provide carbon management advice for businesses. Our diverse experience and in-depth technical knowledge position us to provide exceptional added value to design teams, developers and corporate clients, working as lead consultants, engineers or sustainability champions overseeing the client’s project goals.
Our Core Values:
We listen to and understand our collaborators to focus on their needs and build long-term sustainable relationships.
We think and act differently; we encourage curiosity, innovation and learning to push the boundaries of our industry.
We operate fairness and transparency in everything we do; we are fair to each other, to our collaborators and the environment.
We work collaboratively with each other and with our clients to build quality solutions that are unique to their needs.
- Project management
- Delegating work to Intermediate and Junior staff members
- Supporting the Director or Associate in resource planning for the team
- Leading and client-facing key projects
- Maintaining client relationships
- Overseeing the output of junior and intermediate team members who are supporting your projects
- Reviewing work
- Deliver knowledge of the relevant Industry Standards, British Standards, Building Regulations and UK planning process to clients and colleagues
- Begin to develop new opportunities with new and existing clients
- Supporting preparing & development of proposals and scopes of work
- Technical ability – Strong technical ability across the Environmental Team services.
- Ownership – Take ownership over projects, clients and non-project tasks that have been delegated to them. Thoroughness throughout the delivery of a project or non-project task.
- Commercial acumen – are client/delivery aware and focussed, look to develop opportunities where possible.
- Proactive – have the drive and ambition to take on responsibility or develop and opportunity without the prompt of senior leadership.
- Professional maturity – understand what clients need and able to communicate with design teams and clients in an appropriate manner. Understands the contribution all projects have to the company’s commercial or ethical goals, treating them with their due importance, regardless of personal interest.
- Organisation – strong organisational skills in tracking their own work and work on projects that they lead. Aware of deadlines and project budgets and plan appropriately for them. Good project time management.
- Communication – clear and concise internal and external communication that is tailored to the audience.
- Industry presence – takes an interest in the industry and promoting our business and services within it.
- Experience – experienced at dealing with architects and clients, attending design team meetings and delivering quality work on time and on budget.
Working at XCO2:
- Flexible working hours
- Regular CPDs
- Collaborative environment
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Social and Culture Committee
- Progressive maternity/paternity policy
- London Living Wage Employer
Diversity and Equality:
At XCO2, we are committed to valuing diversity and we seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development. We are very proud of our diverse and dynamic team, with 50% of our London office made up of female staff compared to an industry average of 12% (Engineering UK, 2018).
For consideration, please forward your CV and portfolio, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Senior Environmental Consultant‘ in the subject line.