Last month we signed the Mental Health at Work Commitment.
By signing the Mental Health at Work Commitment, XCO2 has committed to achieving better mental health outcomes and a genuine longer-term positive impact on our staff’s wellbeing, joining a growing movement of over 1000 organisations including: Avon Cosmetics, B&Q, Barclays Bank, BT, Bupa UK, Deloitte UK, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Historic England, Marks and Spencer, Pets at Home, Santander UK, Save the Children UK and many more.
Developed with the knowledge and expertise of mental health charities, leading employers and trade organisations, the Mental Health at Work Commitment provides a simple framework for employers who recognise the importance of promoting staff wellbeing. This framework sets out six clear standards based on what best practice has shown is needed to make a difference and create an environment where employees can thrive.
Over the coming months we’ll be looking to produce and implement our Mental Health at Work action plan which will include tangible and measured activity to achieve lasting change, such as;
- Activities to break down mental health stigma.
- Raise awareness of mental health amongst employees.
- Involve staff in dialogue and decision making to create a culture of openness.
- Promote a healthy work life balance amongst employees.
- Learning and development opportunities to help employees better understand mental health.
We want everyone who works at XCO2 to feel they can be themselves, be open about their mental health and ask for support if they need it.